A Blockbuster Anti-Diabetic Drug
COMPOSITION: Dapagliflozin 10 mg
- A selective inhibitor of sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2).
- Improves hyperglycemia and facilitates weight loss in type-2 diabetic patients.
- Inhibits renal glucose re-absorption through SGLT2.
- Prolong half-life and produces consistent pharmacodynamic activity.
- Induces steady rates of glucosuria.
- Exhibits a diuretic effect.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular death or HHF (Hospitalization for heart failure) by 17%.
- Type-II Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Failure
- Drug class: Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors
- Selective SGLT, inhibitor approved to improve glycemic control in type 2 diabetes.
- Lowers blood glucose independent of insulin secretion and action by inhibiting renal reabsorption of glucose.
- Its treatment is associated with weight reduction and has a low propensity to cause hypoglycemia.
- Treatment with Dapagliflozin significantly improved glycemic control and reduced body weight without reducing muscle mass in T2 DM patients.
- In a study involving 54 patients with uncontrolled T2 DM with a mean glycosylated hemoglobin HBA1C of 8.1% and treatment given was added on Dapagliflozin and non – SGLT2 inhibitor medicine for each group HBA1C was significantly decreased in both groups.