Drug Class: Serotonin 5-HT3 receptor antagonists
- A selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist that blocks the actions of chemicals triggering nausea and vomiting in the body.
- Prevents postoperative nausea and vomiting equally well.
- Shown to result in a similar reduction in emesis in children with acute gastroenteritis.
- May be effective as an adjunct to antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Post-operative nausea and vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting associated with emetogenic chemotherapy
- Adjunct treatment of schizophrenia