The Effective Way
COMPOSITION: Voglibose IP 0.2 mg + Metformin Hydrochloride IP 500 mg (SR)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) is characterized by chronic hyperglycemia with insulin resistance and inadequate insulin secretion.
- In diabetic patients, Postprandial Hyperglycaemia (PPHG) is a direct and independent risk factor for the development of Cardiovascular Diseases (CVD) or stroke caused by premature atherosclerosis.
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors (AGIs) inhibit the enzyme α-glucosidase at the brush border of the intestinal epithelium, thus blocking the absorption of carbohydrates in the small intestine. They are administered with the first bite of a carbohydrate-containing meal and limit postprandial hyperglycemia without causing hypoglycemia.
- In a 24-week study on Korean patients with Type 2 DM and with inadequate glycemic control on diet and exercise, treatment with voglibose and metformin provided superior glycemic control for HbA1c, 2h-PPG, and FPG levels, greater weight loss, and less glycemic variability than did metformin monotherapy.
- Type-II Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetic Dyslipidemia