Keeps Urinary Tract Fit & Fine
COMPOSITION: Tamsulosin HCI IP 0.4mg + Finasteride IP 5mg
The combination of Tamsulosin HCI – Finasteride is used for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Drug class: Alpha blockers
- A selective alpha-1 adrenoceptor blocker, which blocks the adrenoceptors leading to the relaxation of smooth muscles in the bladder neck, and prostate to relax.
- Highly efficacious in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms due to benign prostatic enlargement.
- Considered as a safe and effective medical expulsive therapy choice for ureteral stones.
- Tamsulosin was better than placebo at improving international prostate symptom score (IPSS) and maximum flow rate (MFR).
- Blocks the effects of adrenalin on the muscle cells and causes the muscles to relax and thus resulting in a decrease in obstruction to the flow of urine.
- Beneficial in terms of the reduced number of ureteral colic episodes and the severity of pain in the patients.
Drug class: 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
- A competitive inhibitor of the 5-alpha reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
- Conversion of testosterone to DHT by 5-alpha reductase is essential for prostatic hyperplasia.
- Inhibits prostatic enlargement by reducing circulating and intraprostatic dihydrotestosterone.
- Reduce the risk of the need for surgery including transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) and prostatectomy.
- Substantially reduces the risk of incident clinical BPH in healthy older men.
Tamsulosin HCI IP 0.4mg + Finasteride IP 5mg
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostate cancer prophylaxis
- Non-bacterial prostatitis
- Lower urinary tract symptoms