Drug class: Diuretics
- American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines indicate that loop diuretics are a central treatment for the management of volume overload.
- An effective loop diuretic used for reducing edema associated with congestive heart failure, liver disease & kidney disease.
- In addition to powerful diuretic & natriuretic actions it produces a potassium-sparing effect compared to other loop diuretics.
- Can ameliorate cardiac sympathetic nerve activity and left ventricular remodeling in patients with Congestive Heart Failure.
- Effective and safe for long-term treatment of cirrhotic patients with ascites.