Aceclofenac (NSAID of BCS Class II)
- An NSAID’s analog of Diclofenac that provides relief from pain & inflammation.
- Offers high anti-inflammatory activity than conventional NSAID’s.
- Offers better safety profile than conventional NSAID’s.
- Thiocolchicoside (Natural anti-inflammatory glycoside, Natural analgesic)
- Offers better relief from muscle spasm in comparison in Tizanidine.
- Devoid of any sedative effect unlike Tiaznidine.
- Effective and safe treatment for patients with acute low back pain accompanied with muscle spasm.
- Paracetamol (Aniline analgesic)
- A safe time tested analgesic; Advised in compromised patients where safety is concerned as an alternative analgesic to NSAIDs.
A TRUSTED COMBINATION IN LOW BACK PAIN
In the treatment of acute low back pain, as per investigators’ assessment, thiocolchicoside + aceclofenac + paracetamol significantly reduced intensity of pain and improve the mobility of the patients.
- About efficacy of trial drug, 70% of patients reported excellent, 26.66 % good and 3.33 % reported poor efficacy.
- About tolerability, 60 % of patients reported excellent, 36.66 % good and 3.33 % reported poor tolerability.
- None of the patients discontinued the therapy due to side-effects.