A Drug-Collaboration that Ensues Pain-free Life
COMPOSITION – Etoricoxib 60mg + Thiocolchicoside IP 4mg
- Has potential advantages of convenient once-daily administration and superior gastrointestinal tolerability compared with traditional NSAIDs.
- Exhibits a greater selectivity for COX-2 over COX-1 compared with the COX-2 inhibitors rofecoxib, valdecoxib, and celecoxib.
- Produced markedly less interference with the cardioprotective COX-1-mediated antiplatelet activity of low-dose aspirin in vitro than other NSAIDs including rofecoxib, valdecoxib, celecoxib, and ibuprofen, reflecting the lower affinity of etoricoxib for COX-1
- Thiocolchicoside (Natural anti-inflammatory glycoside, Natural analgesic)
- Thiocolchicoside is derived semisynthetically from colchicine which is extracted from the flower seeds of the species Gloriosa superb and Colchicum autumnale.
- It is a muscle relaxant with anti-inflammatory and additive analgesic effects.
- It acts on the inhibitory neurotransmitters, glycine and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-A receptors, of the central nervous system.
- The fixed-dose combination of Etoricoxib & Thiocolchicoside showed better efficacy with faster pain relief compared to Thiocolchicoside alone though it was more tolerable than the combination therapy. Pharmacol. J, Vol. 15(1), 353-361 (2022)
Etoricoxib 60mg + Thiocolchicoside IP 4mg