A Combination that Works like a Charm
COMPOSITION – Thiocolchicoside IP 4mg + Aceclofenac IP 100mg
- Drug Class: Natural anti-inflammatory glycoside, Natural analgesic
- A semi-synthetic derivative of colchicines, a natural glycoside originated from flower seeds of superba gloriosa.
(Note: GABA is a chemical messenger in your brain)
- Has GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) mediated action, so it shows both myo-relaxant (muscle relaxant) as well as analgesic activity.
- Produces muscle relaxation without any subjective or objective sedative side-effects.
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-infammatory
drug (NSAID). Aceclofenac has higher anti-infammatory action than conventional NSAIDs. It is a cytokine inhibitor. Aceclofenac works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclooxygenase. Cyclooxygenase is involved in the production of prostaglandin (chemical in the body) which causes pain, swelling and infammation . A tablet dosage from containing all the three, (ACE 50 mg, SERA 5 mg and PCM 250 mg), is commercially available in the market and used as anti-infammatory, analgesic and antipyretic agents. ACE, SERA and PCM are oficially available in IP. Literature reviews revealed that UV Spectroscopy method have been reported for the determination of ACE, SERA and PCM individually in ph
- Drug class: NSAID of BCS Class II
- A NSAID that has higher anti-inflammatory action than conventional NSAIDs, also inhibits unfavourable cytokines.
- Works by blocking the cyclooxygenase (COX) that releases prostaglandin (chemical in the body) which causes pain, swelling and inflammation in the body.
- Used as anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic agent, this beneficial Cox inhibitor has selectivity for Cox-2, and is well tolerated.
- Has better Gastrointestinal (GI) tolerability and improved cardiovascular safety when compared with other selective Cox-2 inhibitor.
- Treating Low Back Pain with the combination of aceclofenac + thiocolchicoside, significantly reduced the intensity of pain and improved the mobility in 7 seven days without any side-effects.
- Fixed Dosage Combination of thiocolchico & aceclofenac for Myofascial pain syndrome symptoms was slightly more effective and with far less side effects, compared to FDC of chlorzoxazone, aceclofenac and paracetamol.
Thiocolchicoside IP 4mg + Aceclofenac IP 100mg
- Low back pain
- Muscle spasm
- Abdominal pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis