Fresh Puissant Antibiotic to Battle Ferocious Pathogens
COMPOSITION: Ceftazidime 1000 mg
- Ceftazidime is a new ‘third generation’ cephalosporin administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
- It has a broad spectrum of in vitro activity against gram+ve and gram-ve aerobic bacteria, particularly active against Enterobacteriaceae and resistant to hydrolysis by most beta-lactamases.
- It appears to be similar in efficacy to ‘standard’ comparative drugs in lower respiratory tract infections and complicated and/or chronic urinary tract infections among debilitated or hospitalised patients.
- Comparative trials suggest that ceftazidime may be as effective as the aminoglycosides in intra-abdominal, obstetric and gynaecological, and skin and soft tissue infections.
- It is highly effective at both reducing symptoms of infection and temporarily reducing the sputum counts of Pseudomonas species.
Ceftazidime 1000 mg
- Bone infections