- Drug class: BCS Class II
- An NSAID with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties reduces pain & inflammation; effective in improving functional capacity in chronic pain conditions.
- A potent COX-2 inhibitor with a well-established efficacy and tolerability profile in patients with musculoskeletal disorders.
- Generally well tolerated, with a safety profile consistent with that expected of NSAIDs.
- Drug class: Alpha-2-adrenergic agonists (Skeletal muscle relaxants)
- A centrally acting alpha-2-adrenergic agonist that is used as a muscle relaxant with sedative, anxiolytic, and analgesic properties.
[Note: α-adrenergic agonists play a crucial role in regulating BP by stimulating alpha adrenergic receptors.]
- Generates less fluctuation in blood pressure and provides cardiovascular stability and has a shorter duration of action unlike other α-2 agonists like clonidine.
- Reduces spasticity by increasing pre-synaptic inhibition of neurons; showed significant reduction in pain and tissue tenderness and improved the quality of sleep in myofascial pain.
- The combination was more effective than aceclofenac alone and had a favorable safety profile in the treatment of acute low back pain.