The Trio that Provides Complete Pain Relief
COMPOSITION – Aceclofenac 100 mg + Paracetamol 325 mg + Chlorzoxazone 250 mg
Aceclofenac (Belongs to BCS Class II)
- A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that exhibits higher anti-inflammatory action than conventional NSAIDS.
- Blocks the action of cyclo-oxygenase, involved in the production of prostaglandins and reduces pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Paracetamol (Aniline analgesic)
- Mild painkiller (analgesic) and reduces the temperature of patients with fever (antipyretic).
- Demonstrated therapeutic efficacy on both acute and chronic pain and consistently associated with a better gastrointestinal safety profile than NSAIDs.
- Chlorzoxazone (1,3-benzoxazoles)
- Indicated for the symptomatic treatment of muscle spasms and pain associated with acute musculoskeletal conditions.
- Acts on the spinal cord and subcortical areas of the brain to inhibit polysynaptic reflex arcs involved in causing and maintaining skeletal muscle spasms.
METHOD OF ACTION
- Aceclofenac works by blocking the action of a substance in the body called cyclooxygenase.
- Paracetamol has a central analgesic effect that is mediated through activation of descending serotonergic pathways (regulation of prolactin secretion).
- Chlorzoxazone acts primarily at the level of the spinal cord & sub cortical areas of the brain to inhibit multisynaptic reflex action and maintain skeletal muscle spasm of varied etiology.
- The combination of aceclofenac, paracetamol and chlorzoxazone is emerging as one of the widely prescribed combination in single dosage form.
Aceclofenac 100 mg + Paracetamol 325 mg + Chlorzoxazone 250 mg
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis