SILYSTAR-L-FORTE is an effective medication for the treatment of high ammonia levels or severe liver impairment.
- Shows improvement in Hepatic Encephalopathy patients by reducing the serum ammonia concentration compared with the placebo/no-intervention control.
- Works by increasing the generation of urea through the urea cycle by turning ammonia into the neutral substance urea.
- Exhibits potent hepatoprotective properties against chemically-induced hepatotoxicity.
- Offers synergistic effects in protecting liver cells i.e. by stabilizing the membrane permeability through inhibiting lipid peroxidation and preventing liver glutathione depletion.
- Provides anti-oxidant properties that prevent free radicals from damaging liver cells.
- Exhibits significant anti-inflammatory effect on hepatic tissue.
Vitamin B Complex (B1, B2, B6, B12)
- Pantothenate (vitamin B5) is an integral part of coenzyme A (CoA), an essential coenzyme in fat metabolism.
- Thiamine (vitamin B1) increased the catalytic capacity for hepatic oxidation of carbohydrates and fatty acids.
- Riboflavin (B2) reversed liver cancer progression.
- Studies show that nicotinamide (a form of B3) suppressed chemically induced liver tumors.
- Niacin (vitamin B3) analogs may offer a very cost-effective opportunity for the clinical development of niacin for treating fatty liver disease.
- Vitamin B12 and folate decrease inflammation and fibrosis in Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis by preventing Syntaxin 17 homocysteinylation. (Note: liver is the central organ for fat metabolism).