An effective way to control cardiovascular disease in hypercholesterolemia
COMPOSITION – Rosuvastatin Calcium 10 mg+ Clopidogrel Bisulphate 75 mg
- Treats hypercholesterolemia in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Reduces the atherosclerotic events in patients with history of peripheral arterial disease.
- Effective for hyperlipidemic patients having high risk of the atherosclerosis.
- Shows synergistic action in the prevention of atherothrombosis.
- Prevents dyslipidemia associated with risk of myocardial infraction or peripheral vascular disease.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack in patients with coronary artery disease having high cholesterol levels.
- Exhibits stronger antithrombotic protection in coronary, cerebral or peripheral arterial diseases.
- Combination of Rosuvastatin and Clopidogrel is more effective to control heart disease as compare to Rosuvastatin alone.
- Drug class: HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins)
- Rosuvastatin calcium is one of the most commonly prescribed HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Rosuvastatin reduces high sensitivity C reactive protein (hsCRP) which is a marker of inflammation and an independent cardiovascular risk predictor and other inflammatory markers.
- Rosuvastatin inhibits platelet aggregation to leukocytes which inhibits the formation of clots in injured endothelium.
- Rosuvastatin is less likely to cause metabolic drug-to-drug interactions since it has limited metabolism by CYP isoenzymes.
- A large retrospective cohort study in America found that rosuvastatin produced the largest reduction in LDL-C, non-HDL-C, and triglycerides when compared with other statins like atorvastatin and pravastatin.
- Drug class: Antiplatelet medications
- Clopidogrel is a prodrug, which needs to be metabolized in the liver into active metabolites.
- Clopidogrel efficiently reduces ADP-induced platelet aggregation (a key phenomenon in atherosclerosis & CVD) and prolongs bleeding time and is a safe and efficacious antiplatelet drug.
Research has shown stable multilayer-coated tablets containing both clopidogrel and rosuvastatin may improve patient compliance in combination therapy for cardiovascular diseases.