- Class of medications: Angiotensin II receptor antagonists
- Efficient angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) that reduces left ventricular hypertrophy and arterial stiffness and blood pressure.¹
- Shows 67% efficacy as compared to lisinopril in treating hypertension.²
- Class of medications: Diuretics (‘water pills’)
- Reduces risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, or death Shows 63% efficacy in reducing diastolic blood pressure as compared to nicardipine.
More tolerant and efficient in reducing the blood pressure than the monotherapies or HCTZ/atenolol combination.