An Antihypertensive agent you can rely on unquestionably
COMPOSITION – Telmisartan I.P. 40 mg
- Class of medications: Angiotensin II receptor antagonists
- Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist that is highly selective for type 1 angiotensin II receptors (an important effector controlling blood pressure and volume in the cardiovascular system).
- Efficient angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) that reduces left ventricular hypertrophy and arterial stiffness and blood pressure.
- Shows 67% efficacy as compared to lisinopril in treating hypertension.
- Telmisartan was well tolerated in patients with mild to moderate hypertension and was significantly less likely to cause persistent, dry cough than lisinopril.
Telmisartan I.P. 40 mg