The Combat Combination
COMPOSITION: Cilnidipine 10 mg + Telmisartan IP 40 mg
- Minimizes vascular damage, angioedema and improves patient adherence leading to long term BP control.
- Cardioprotective, dual mode of action reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- An open-label study done in India proves that a combination of telmisartan and chlorthalidone is more effective than telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide.
- Telmisartan owns a greater anti-hypertensive effect than ramipril, enalapril and perindopril along with end-organ protection beyond BP control.
- Reduces the need for dose escalation, improves arterial stiffness and offers renoprotection.
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Arterial Stiffness
- Class of medications: Calcium blockers
- Centrally acting as dihydropyridine calcium antagonist, improves the ambulatory BP & HR profile by significant suppression of LVH in hypertensive CKD patients.
- Reduce urinary proteinuria than amlodipine, in protein-uric and hypertensive patients treated with renin-angiotensin blockades.
- Significantly decreases urinary albumin excretion without affecting serum creatinine concentration in hypertensive patients as compared to ACE inhibitor benazepril.
- Class of medications: Angiotensin II receptor antagonists
- Newer angiotensin receptor blocker, very useful for the management of patients with mild-to-moderate hypertension.
- An important alternative as the first-line treatment of hypertension.
- Produces greater reductions in both systolic blood pressure (SBP) & diastolic blood pressure (DBP) when compared with losartan.
- Exert its PPARgamma enhancing activity clinically in obese or overweight type 2 diabetic patients as compared to candesartan.
- The combination therapy was more effective in reducing BP than either drug in monotherapy without affecting glucose homeostasis.
- Combination therapy with Cilnidipine & Telmisartan is more effective than treatment with Cilnidipine & Telmisartan alone & exhibits additive protective effects on renal & cardiac organs.
- Cilnidipine & telmisartan, synergistically decreased plasma aldosterone concentrations and pulse wave velocity for preventing vascular complications.