Ensures Rapid and Long Lasting Relief
COMPOSITION: Rabeprazole Sodium IP 20mg + Levosulpiride 75mg (S.R.)
Drug Class: Proton pump inhibitors
- Rabeprazole sodium is a proton pump inhibitor widely used as an antiulcer drug.
- Has the highest pKa (acid strength)of all PPIs, hence least stable at neutral pH, is more rapidly converted to inhibit the proton pump as compared to omeprazole, lansoprazole, or pantoprazole.
- In older parietal cells, rabeprazole can be as much as 10 times more potent that other proton pump inhibitors.
- Known to have a faster onset of action in patients with heartburn, hence may have efficacy as an on-demand or abortive therapeutic agent.
- It is used in the treatment of gastric ulcer, peptic ulcer, ulcerative gastroesophageal reflux disease, duodenal ulcer Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, and Helicobacter pylori eradication in combination with amoxicillin.
Drug Class: A prokinetic agent of the benzamide class.
- Levosulpiride is substituted benzamide antipsychotics.
- It is an atypical antipsychotic agent that blocks the presynaptic dopaminergic D2 receptors.
- Like its parent compound, levosulpiride shows antagonism at D3 and D2 receptors.
- Used in the treatment of psychosis, anxiety disorder, premature ejaculation (not recommended in some countries), vertigo, and irritable bowel syndrome.
Rabeprazole Sodium IP 20mg + Levosulpiride 75mg (S.R.)
- GERD (Gastro-Oesophageal reflux disease)
- IBD (Inflammatory bowel syndrome)
- Duodenal ulcers
- Gastric ulcers
- Functional Dyspepsia
- Stomach pain