Calcitriol & Calcium Carbonate
- A synthetic Vitamin D analog that is achieved in the regulation of the absorption of calcium from the Gl tract.
- Corrects hypo calcaneus and secondary hyper parathyrodism
- Increases renal tubule phosphate resorption consequently decreasing serum phosphatase level, PTH level, and bone resorption.
- Cacitrol along with calcium carbonate results in a progressive slowing of the rate of low appendicular bone density as well as a decrease of osteoblastic and osteoclastic activity.
- Together they improved the biochemical and bone derangement in early renal failure
- Reduces the risk of bone fracture
- Deficiency of Vitamin K2 has been found to affect fracture healing.
Methylcobalamin & Methyl folate
- Low level of Methylcobalamin & Methyl Folate is linked to an increased risk of osteoporosis
- Supplementation of Methyl Folate & Methylcobalamin is safe & effective way of reducing the risk of fracture.
- Elevated homocysteine and low level of Methylcobalamin & Methyl folate has been associated with low bone mineral density & higher fracture.