- Exerts long-term antihypertensive effects by blocking angiotensin II-induced physiological effects.
- Shows 89% efficacy as compared to enalapril maleate.
- Has beneficial effects albumin excretion rate, blood pressure and renal hemodynamics providing renoprotection in diabetic patients with chronic nephropathy.
- Hydrochlorothiazide drug is versatile and can be combined with many other antihypertensive agents without inducing interactions.
- Acts on the distal convoluted tubules and inhibits the sodium chloride co-transporter system. This action leads to a diuretic action that lowers blood pressure.
- Safely and significantly decreases systolic and diastolic BP and plasma B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP).