NITRODAY 2.5 CR Capsules
Antianginal with Faster Absorption & Better Efficacy
COMPOSITION – Nitroglycerin 2.5 mg
- Class of medications: Vasodilators
- Nitroglycerin is the oldest and most commonly prescribed short-acting anti-anginal agent; It is been in clinical use since 1879.
- Nitroglycerin has been FDA approved since 2000; for the acute relief of an attack or acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris secondary to coronary artery disease.
- Exhibits an anti-inflammatory action in patients with peripheral vascular disease.
- Nitroglycerin induces vascular smooth muscle relaxation via mechanisms involving conversion to Nitric oxide (NO), activation of the enzyme guanylyl cyclase, and stimulation of guanosine 3′,5′-monophosphate (cGMP) production.
- Also dilates the arteries leading to the heart which helps to improve the oxygen supply to the heart.
- Corrects the imbalance between the flow of oxygen and blood to the heart.
Nitroglycerin 2.5 mg
- Angina pectoris