A Blend of Active Analgesics for a Cut-Above Treatment
COMPOSITION – Nimesulide 100 mg + Paracetamol IP 325 mg
- Nimesulide (Sulphonanilides)
- An anti-inflammatory drug with methane sulphonamide; a preferential COXII inhibitor.
- It is a potent analgesic, antipyretic, and anti-inflammatory drug.
- Paracetamol (Also known as Acetaminophen/ Aniline analgesic)
- A centrally and peripherally acting non-opioid analgesic and antipyretic.
- Unlike nimesulide, paracetamol is a nonselective COX inhibitor and is an effective analgesic and antipyretic, but a poor anti-inflammatory drug. Indian J Pharmacol 2010;42:354-7
- Paracetamol alone are more efficacious analgesics as compared to the combination of nimesulide and paracetamol.
- But their combination on human subjects is necessary to assess the subjective degree of pain and appropriateness of the combination.
Nimesulide 100 mg + Paracetamol IP 325 mg
- Musculoskeletal disorder
- Dental pain