NIMUSTAR-100 DT Tablets
A Functional Drug from Rising Generation for Fruitful Therapy
COMPOSITION – Nimesulide 100 mg
Both cyclooxygenase COX-1 and COX-2 in our body produce prostaglandins that promote inflammation, pain, and fever.
- However, only COX-1 produces prostaglandins that activate platelets and protect the stomach and intestinal lining. The blockage of COX-1 in consequence causes the adverse effects of NSAIDs.
- When the COX-1 enzyme is blocked, inflammation is reduced, but the protection of the lining of the stomach also is lost; this may lead to stomach upset as well as ulceration.
- And COX-2 is responsible for the most inflammatory symptoms, such as pain, edema, fever, and increase in vessel permeability.
So the selective inhibitors of COX-2 would be much more safe drugs, compared with the classical NSAIDs in the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
- Drug class: Sulphonanilide
- Not only inhibits more selectively the activity of COX-2 but also some other properties that increase its anti-inflammatory and analgesic function.
- Belongs to the new generation of NSAIDs, unique as it contains sulphonanilide group.
- Nimesulide (unlike most other NSAIDs) in the recommended doses appears to be well tolerated in aspirin-sensitive asthmatic patients.
- An effective and well-tolerated alternative to other NSAIDs for short-term treatment of pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis and various other causes. Drugs.
- At the recommended dosage of 100 mg twice a day nimesulide is as effective an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent as classical NSAIDs.
Nimesulide 100 mg
- Pain associated with osteoarthritis, cancer, thrombophlebitis, oral surgery
- Dysmenorrhoea in adults
- Pain associated with general surgery
- Fever and inflammation accompanying respiratory tract infections,
- Otorhinolaryngologic diseases or ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) diseases
- Traumatic injury in adults and children