- First representative of nootropic agents that protects neurons in cognitive impairment and other neurological diseases.
- Enhances the antioxidant capacity in brain cells in region specific manner.
- Prevents neurodegeneration observed in cocaine users induced by impairment of mitochondrial DNA and DNA methyltransferases activity by maintaining neuronal function.
- Has neuroprotective and antithrombotic effects which may help to reduce death and disability in people with acute stroke.
- Better tolerated as compared to acetylsalicylic acid in secondary stroke prophylaxis.
- Capable of achieving reversal of amnesia induced by, e.g., scopolamine, electroconvulsive shock, and hypoxia.
- Cognitive impairment