Definitive Combination for Desired Outcomes
COPOSITION: Fexofenadine 120mg + Montelukast 10 mg Tablets
Drug class: Antihistamines
- Nonanticholinergic, a highly selective second-generation antihistamine, available for oral treatment of allergic rhinitis and chronic urticaria.
- Is non-sedating due to decreased blood-brain barrier permeability, and is devoid of cardiovascular side effects.
- Relieves the ocular symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis, which occur concomitantly with AR, was significantly better than loratadine in improving quality of life.
Drug Class: Leukotriene receptor antagonist
- Montelukast is a systemically active drug with a targeted, dual mechanism of action, acting both as a bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory.
- This potent leukotriene receptor antagonist reduces the signs and symptoms of chronic asthma in adults and children.
- Montelukast may be worth trying for patients with chronic idiopathic urticaria when the condition is not sufficiently controlled with histamine H(1)-receptor antagonists.
- A study found that montelukast-fexofenadine showed significantly better control of AR symptoms as compared to groups using antihistaminic alone or with placebo.
- The mean change in total nasal symptom score was significant in the montelukastfexofenadine group as compared to the montelukastlevocetirizine group.
- The additional anti-inflammatory effect of fexofenadine and bronchodilator effect of montelukast might be the reason for this change.
- Combination therapy of fexofenadine – montelukast was effective for patients with conventional therapy-resistant prurigo nodularis and pemphigoid nodularis (skin disorder) without side effects.
Fexofenadine 120mg + Montelukast 10 mg Tablets
- Allergic rhinitis
- Chronic Asthma
- Prurigo nodularis
- Atopic dermatitis
- Chronic urticarial