- A mixture of flavonolignans and minor polyphenolic compounds derived from milk thistle, exerts antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, & antifibrotic effects.
- Acts as a free radical scavenger and modulates enzymes associated with the development of cellular damage, fibrosis, and cirrhosis.
- Glutathione (GSH) is an antioxidant produced in cells.
- GSH administration is a promising strategy to recover oxidative stress-induced liver damages in alcoholic and non-alcoholic liver diseases.
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is the acetylated form of the amino acid L- cysteine.
- Has a well-established role in acetaminophen-induced & non-acetaminophen-induced liver failure also reported to reduce mortality in these patients.
- Increases glutathione & nitric oxide levels hence exerting antioxidant effect and vasodilatory effect.
L-carnitine & L-ornithine
- L-carnitine plays a key role in maintaining liver function, by its effect on lipid metabolism.
- It transports fatty acids into the mitochondria for oxidation, and
- Buffers excess acetyl-CoA away from the mitochondria.
- L-ornithine, a non-protein amino acid;
- Improves hepatic function by increasing blood levels in the liver.
- Reduces plasma ammonia, an important therapeutic target for hyperammonemia in liver failure.
Choline & Antioxidants & Micronutrient
- Choline is an essential nutrient for the export of triglycerides from the liver.
- Potent hydro-soluble antioxidants like vitamin C can help block the development of steatosis and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease.