INTRIZ – PLUS SYRUP is a combination of respiratory medications carefully formulated to provide a systematic effect on congestion cough. The components incorporated are antihistamines with secretolytic agent, mucoactive agent, and counterirritant for cooling effect; altogether provide symptomatic cough relief.
Drug class – Antihistamines
- Stimulates cold receptors in nasal mucosa to create an increased sensation of airflow.
- Decreases the viscosity of bronchial secretion.
Drug class – Secretolytic agent
- The major pharmacodynamic actions of ambroxol are
- surfactant stimulation,
- mucokinetic and secretagogue activity.
Drug class – Expectorant
- A mucoactive drug, included in numerous over-the-counter (OTC) cough/cold medications.
- Acts by loosening mucus in the airways and making coughs more productive, relieves wet cough and chest congestion.
Drug class – Counterirritant
- With a mild local anesthetic, decongestant, and antitussive property, menthol provides antitussive activity (Inhibits cough) to the wheezing lungs.