Site Specific Antibiotic that Works on the Target
COMPOSITION: Rifaximin BP 200mg
Drug Class: Antibiotics
- Rifaximin is bactericidal against a broad array of enteric pathogens, including gr,am-positive, gram-negative, aerobic, and anaerobic bacteria.
- Relatively safe medication and is associated with a low incidence of adverse events.
- It is a broad-spectrum nonabsorbed rifamycin antibiotic with
- an excellent safety profile,
- a lack of drug interactions, and
- minimal effect on the intestinal microbiome.
- This gut-selective antimicrobial is currently approved for the treatment of travelers’ diarrhea caused by noninvasive E. coli strains.
- Promising therapeutic & preventative agent for other gastrointestinal diseases as well.
Rifaximin BP 200mg
- Traveler’s Diarrhea
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)