Facilitates Accelerated Relief
COMPOSITION: Montelukast Sodium 10mg + Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 120mg + Acebrophylline 200mg
Montelukast Sodium (Leukotriene receptor antagonists (LTRAs))
- Montelukast, inhibits the actions of Cysteinyl-leukotrienes which is accountable for allergic response by blocking type 1 CysLT receptors in the respiratory mucosa.
- With a favorable safety profile montelukast, is a well-tolerated preventative treatment for allergic airway inflammation in patients with SAR or PAR without asthma, and in patients in whom AR is comorbid with asthma.
- Aspirin-intolerant patients have nasal polyps and that treatment with the leukotriene inhibitor montelukast has resulted in improvement and resolution of the polyps.
Fexofenadine Hydrochloride (Antihistamines)
- Fexofenadine HCl, the carboxylic acid metabolite of terfenadine, is a new second-generation antihistamine that is nonsedating and does not cause electrocardiographic effects.
- H1-receptor antagonist is both effective and safe for the treatment of ragweed seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- Works by blocking a certain natural substance (histamine) synthesized by the body during an allergic reaction.
- Acebrophylline is an airway mucus regulator with anti-inflammatory action.
- Acebrophylline increases the synthesis and release of alveolar surfactant, resulting in triple action: mucoregulation, stimulation of bronchoalveolar clearance, and anti-inflammatory –anti-reactive effect.
- Acebrophylline acted sooner than ambroxol to improve pathological auscultation findings & relieve cough.
- With stronger stimulation of pulmonary surfactant production and more effective mucoregulation, its action was significantly superior to that of ambroxol.
- Therapeutically effective in patients with chronic obstructive or asthma-like bronchitis:
- It reduces the frequency of episodes of bronchial obstruction and
- Reduces the need for beta2-agonists, and
- Improves indexes of ventilatory function.
Montelukast Sodium 10mg + Fexofenadine Hydrochloride 120mg + Acebrophylline 200mg
- Bronchial asthma
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR)
- Perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR)
- Chronic bronchitis
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)