COMPOSITION: Faropenem Sodium eq. to. Faropenem 200 mg
Drug class: Penem antibiotic
- Faropenem sodium is a β-lactam antimicrobial with a hybrid structure combining features of penicillins and cephalosporins and the only penem antibiotic
- Faropenem has a wide antimicrobial spectrum against aerobic Gram-positive, aerobic Gram-negative and anaerobic bacteria. It is mainly excreted by the kidney.
- It exerts potent antibacterial activity against penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- Has excellent in vitro bactericidal activity against clinical isolates and is a clinically useful for the chemotherapy of bacterial infections.
- Has potential in a successful application for the treatment of infectious diseases with various types of bacterial pathogens including beta-lactamase producing strains.
- Showed good efficacy (overall efficacy rate: 82.0%) against patients with complicated urinary tract infection.