Anxiety is a normal response to a threat or to psychological stress. Normal anxiety has its root in fear and serves an important survival function.
However, anxiety is considered a disorder when it
- Occurs at inappropriate times
- Occurs frequently
- Is so intense and long-lasting that it interferes with a person’s normal activities
Drug classification: Antipsychotic medication (also known as neuroleptics or tranquilizers)
- A selective antagonist of central dopamine (D-2, D-3, and D-4) receptors used as an antipsychotic and prokinetic agent.
- Exhibits therapeutic efficacy in depressive & somatoform disorders, as well as in schizophrenic patients with predominant negative features.
- Drug of choice for the treatment of various forms of dyspepsia and emesis.
- A reliable therapy for patients suffering from premature ejaculation.
- Offers relief from dyspeptic syndromes in anxious patients.
Levosulpiride 25mg Tabs.
- Anxiety disorders
- Peptic Ulceration