Steady Amelioration of chronic coughs
- Drotaverine hydrochloride is a highly potent spasmolytic agent.
- Acts as an antispasmodic agent by inhibiting the phosphodiesterase IV enzyme, specific for smooth muscle spasms and pain, and used to reduce excessive labor pain.
- Mefenamic acid is an Aminobenzoate, a subclass of analgesic with Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory properties.
- It acts by binding the prostaglandin synthetase receptors COX-1 and COX-2, inhibiting the action of prostaglandin synthetase.
- Oral drotaverine with mefenamic acid is effective in women undergoing hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy.