- A long-acting, tricyclic, non-sedating 2nd generation antihistamine that has a selective and peripheral H1-antagonist action.
- Rapidly reduces allergic rhinitis–related nasal symptoms and ocular symptoms as well as dermatologic symptoms of chronic urticaria with little or no somnolence.
- In vitro studies have shown that desloratadine inhibits chemical mediators involved in both the early- and late-phase allergic responses.
- Inhibits the actions of other mast cell and basophil mediators that cause nasal obstruction and inflammation of nasal mucosa.
- Safe and effective in the treatment of persistent allergic rhinitis.
- Effective and well-tolerated in the treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU).
- Intermittent allergic rhinitis
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria
- Hay fever