Anti-cold accelerated with Caffeine
COMPOSITION: Phenylephrine HCl 10mg + Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg + Paracetamol 325mg + Caffeine 30mg
Drug Class: Decongestants
- Phenylephrine is used as a nasal decongestant, cardiotonic, and vasoconstrictor agent (Meltzer et al. 2015).
- Kollar 2007 showed that a single oral dose of phenylephrine significantly improved acute nasal congestion.
Paracetamol (also known as Acetaminophen)
Drug class: Analgesic
- Widely used as the major ingredient in combination medications for the common cold.
- Helps relieve nasal obstruction and rhinorrhoea.
Drug Class: Antihistamines
- Chlorpheniramine maleate is a first-generation antihistaminic that antagonizes histamine H1-receptor. Ain-Shams J Anesthesiol 12, 26 (2020).
- Safe & effective antihistamine with potent antiviral activity against various strains of influenza A/B.Cureus. 2020 Sep 17;12(9):e10501.
Drug Class: Stimulant
- Caffeine increased the alertness and performance of the cold subjects to the same level as the healthy group in a study.
- Common cold
Phenylephrine HCl 10mg + Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg + Paracetamol 325mg + Caffeine 30mg