- Cerebroprotein hydrolysate is a unique neurotrophic peptidergic mixture produced by standardized enzymatic breakdown of lipid-free porcine brain proteins.
- Also known as Cerebrolysin, it is a pharmacological and neurotrophic agent that acts like endogenous neurotrophic factors as it consists of short biological peptides.
- It counteracts the negative effect of the elevated FGF-2 (basic fibroblast growth factor) on neurogenesis and neuromodulation.
- Neurotrophic activity can be detected within 1 day after administering.
- Safe, well tolerated and associated with improved functional recovery in patients with mild and moderate traumatic brain injury.
- Has a disease-delaying potential; its higher doses are found to be effective in improving neuropsychiatric symptoms of various neurological disorders.