COMPOSITION: Cefuroxime Axetil 250/ 500 mg
Cefuroxime Axetil (Cephalosporin antibiotics)
- Cefuroxime-Axetil is an ester of cefuroxime, which can be used as an oral antimicrobial agent.
- Cefuroxime axetil is a broad-spectrum antibacterial agent with a pharmacokinetic profile.
- Well tolerated by adult and paediatric patients, this prodrug of the cephalosporin cefuroxime is considered an empirical therapy for a range of community-acquired infections.
- Against beta-lactamase-positive and -negative staphylococci, cefuroxime showed good activity.
- Effective in the application of perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis to prevent staphylococcal surgical-site infections.
- Cefuroxime axetil twice a day is as effective as amoxicillin/ clavulanate three times a day in the treatment of acute bacterial maxillary sinusitis but produces fewer adverse effects.
Cefuroxime Axetil 250/ 500 mg
- Respiratory tract infections
- Pharyngitis/ sinusitis
- Urinary tract infections
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Surgical prophylaxis