A Sensible Remedy for feverish Children
- Paracetamol IP 125mg + Mefenamic Acid 50mg
- Paracetamol (Analgesics and Antipyretics)
- Has only central action; decreases prostaglandin synthesis in the brain with weak anti-inflammatory effect.
- First-line therapy of choice in adults & children with fever and pain.
- It is the drug of choice in patients that cannot be treated with NSAIDs, that includes children under 12 years of age.
- Mefenamic acid (NSAID, Analgesic, and Antipyretic drug)
- A commonly used NSAID that is a cyclooxygenase-1 and 2 inhibitor with anti-inflammatory properties, exerts neuroprotective effects and improves cognitive impairment.
- Mefenamic acid is registered for use from six months of age and may be an alternative nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) to ibuprofen in children with fever.
- Mefenamic acid and paracetamol combination has central and peripheral action with greater anti-inflammatory effects.
- Both the drugs are NSAIDs and act by inhibiting the COX enzyme responsible for generating Prostaglandins (PGE2).
- More efficacious than and best alternative to paracetamol as antipyretic in the Paediatric age group for better & fast recovery from febrile illness.
Paracetamol IP 125mg + Mefenamic Acid 50mg
- High fever
- Stomach ache
- Ear ache