For That Extra Care…
COMPOSITION: Amlodipine 5 mg + Atenolol 50 mg
- Highly effective as antianginal and anti-hypertensive agent in patients with stable angina pectoris and mild to moderate hypertension.
- Demonstrates 82% reduction in blood pressure with Amlodipine in comparison with 69% of Felodipine.
- Highly efficient in preventing new coronary artery lesion formation and thereby efficiently controlling blood pressure.
- High blood pressure
- Angina pectoris
- Class of medication: Calcium channel blockers
- Has a long half-life that favors patient compliance.
- A long-action calcium channel blocker, is indicated for the treatment of hypertension.
- Class of medications: Beta-blockers
- Atenolol has often been used as a reference drug in randomized controlled trials of hypertension.
- Pharmacologically atenolol’s lack of a sympathomimetic effect could be expected to be an advantage, as beta-blockers without this effect seem to be better in reducing blood pressure, at least in severe hypertension.