In Moderate to Severe Hypertension…
- Effective & safe therapy for arterial hypertension therapy.
- Shows positive effects on central aortic blood pressure and biomarkers of vascular function.
- Class of medication: Calcium channel blockers
- Has a long half-life that favors patient compliance.
- A long-action calcium channel blocker, is indicated for the treatment of hypertension.
- Class of medications: Beta-blockers
- Atenolol has often been used as a reference drug in randomized controlled trials of hypertension.
- Pharmacologically atenolol’s lack of a sympathomimetic effect could be expected to be an advantage, as beta-blockers without this effect seem to be better in reducing blood pressure, at least in severe hypertension.
Amlodipine 5 mg + Atenolol 50 mg
- Moderate to severe essential Hypertension